It’s finally time. For months now, you’ve inundated people with pictures of your boyfriend (#instagramcouple) and shared all your joys and 1-month-a-versaries, but now? Now it’s time to fight. Cryptically. You have to keep the people updated on the trials and tribulations of your relationship even though you’re incredibly private unless something is going right in your life. So, to help you out in your public relations, we’ve found 5 quotes you can put on your Insta story to let everyone know you’re fighting with your boyfriend! (All quotes taken from actual instagram posts!)
1. What’s sexier than a bad boy? A grown ass man with his shit together.
This one is biting and gets the point across quickly!
2. You deserve someone who is terrified to lose you.
Fear is ultimately the whole basis of relationships, especially the toxic one you were maintaining, so it’s a good reminder for yourself and the world.
3. When you learn how much you’re worth, you’ll stop giving people discounts.
Now, most people do love a deal, but YOU’RE NOT A COUPON! NO MA’AM!! AND FAMILY AND FRIENDS DOES NOT APPLY HERE.
4. Sometimes a man’s purpose in a woman’s life is to help her become a better woman…for another man.
Turns out, toxic men are still good for women AND mostly men!
5. You have to speak to be heard, but sometimes you have to be silent to be appreciated.
Yes, silence includes cryptic Instagram posts. Don’t forget, there is absolutely no need for direct communication.
6. Sometimes you need to distance yourself from people. If they care, they’ll notice. If they don’t, then you know where you stand.
They might also notice if you post this to your story!
Here are some bonus quotes for when you get back together! (Note: Sometimes these quotes work better when you post a selfie with your boo and have this as a caption.)
1. Find someone who loves you even when you don’t know how to love yourself.
2. A real woman never lets her man leave the house HUNGRY or HORNY!
Congrats on having a boyfriend!!